Welcome to Woz Up! Whew! Time for some me time this weekend! It’s been a crazy journey this summer and this weekend, I will be taking my first weekend off from the races to get settled and recharged for next 2 months. I have been catching up on my work this week and it looks like I’ll be all caught up by the time the Kawasaki Race Of Champions (KROC) starts up next weekend at Raceway Park. It has been pure nonstop editing, filming, and traveling and this weekend off is going to feel real good going into the next couple of months, which I still have some traveling left to go! But let’s take a look back at the past week before I dive into what I’ll be doing.
Last weekend was the 2nd annual running of Sleepy Hollow’s 2 Stroke Shootout in Fredericksburg, PA. It was not your typical motocross event but maybe if you rewind 12-15 years ago. Every bike that hit that Sleepy Hollow track was all pre-mixed up 2 strokes. With the entry tally at 310, that isn’t bad at all considering they doubled their numbers from their inaugural event last year. Plus it was all 2 strokes! Jere Swarr and his crew put on a great event and everyone there are already waiting to see what 2013 has in store.
Big congrats to Mike McDade for dominating all 4 125 A and 250 A class motos all aboard borrowed bikes at Sleepy Hollow. Great starts and clean, consistent riding made it almost look too easy for the former Eleven10 Mods rider. McDade is looking into Supercross and the outdoors next year racing a stock Yamaha YZ450. Should make for an interesting story if everything works out for the current PA native.
To check out my extensive coverage of Sleepy Hollow’s 2 Stroke Shootout, check out the embedded YouTube playlist below to watch all the videos.
And here’s Rice himself after a fun weekend of shooting at Sleepy Hollow:
Also! I met up with the folks of Two Stroke Motocross, who have been plugging my popular 2 stroke-themed videos the past year or more. Look for more of them being featured in MXPTV’s future videos down the road. They seem to be on a huge climb and have some pretty big plans for 2013. They were also there at Sleepy Hollow getting in their helmet cams and raw videos shot. Check out their coverage from the 2 Stroke Shootout at www.twostrokemotocross.com.
While I exported to Pennsylvania for a bunch of 2 strokes, my home state of Delaware had its biggest motocross event of the year with Blue Diamond’s Blue/Gray Delaware State Championship. Turnout seemed well from what I heard but looking at the results, the A class talent was definitely at Sleepy Hollow as Blue Diamond was filled with fresh A riders from the B classes looking for pro-am points toward their pro motocross licenses. Haven’t seen much from the event yet so hopefully we’ll see some images soon from Blue Diamond.
The only recent images I’ve seen from that weekend were my images from Friday’s practice session at Blue Diamond. CLICK HERE to check those out!
On the video side, it was a big week of Alli Sports videos as 3 of the videos I’ve done from this season, including a special Alli Show feature on Blake Baggett I did before Steel City, were posted. The other 2 are a Catching Up video with KTM’s Mike Brown and a how-to video with Justin Brayton on how to do starts (which he didn’t really do well with this year besides one holeshot at Budds Creek).
In Other News
- The Motocross Of Nations has found a new home for 2015 and it’ll be on U.S. soil on the immense Glen Helen Raceway facility in southern California. Hopefully, it doesn’t end up in the dust like Competition Park back in 2000.
- Team Puerto Rico had quite a last minute shake up this week as Jimmy Albertson broke his leg making him unable to compete. Floridian Kyle Chisholm got the call last minute call to ride for Puerto Rico at Lommel this weekend.
- Also relating to the Motocross Of Nations, CBS Sports will be showing same-day highlights from Lommel Sunday night after the race. Check your TV times or watch it live on MX-Life.tv.
- Vet riders! Need to improve your amazing riding skills for race day? Greg Pamart of GPMX Racing is holding a Vet motocross camp tomorrow and there are still spots available! Head over to www.gpmxracing.com for more info.
- The Ryan Patterson Motocross Foundation released their list of young riders for their inaugural motocross school the Friday before Blue Diamond’s Ryan Patterson Memorial Fall Classic on November 2-3. CLICK HERE to check out the list.
Cool Videos From The Web This Week
As I’m taking the weekend off and enjoy being home for once, Matt Rice is venturing to the southern tier of New York state to catch the New York State Championship at Broome-Tioga Sports Center in Binghamton this weekend. Also, check for some never too late (but still late) Loretta Lynn rider videos that I put together back in August this week at MXPTV.
Here’s how the next month looks for MXPTV:
- October 6-7 – Kawasaki Race Of Champions
- October 13-14 – Club MX Open House
- October 20-21 – Blue Diamond – Final MAMA Round
- October 27-28 – Budds Creek – Maryland States OR Hog Heaven Pro Event
- November 1-3 – Blue Diamond – Ryan Patterson Memorial Fall Classic
That will do it for this week. Have a fun weekend and see ya at the races soon! Go ‘Merica!